Signs begin changing to unify Medical City Healthcare brand
This week, signs inside and outside began the transition to the new name of Medical City Plano, formerly The Medical Center of Plano. The renaming is part of a unifying name change for Medical City Healthcare’s 13 Dallas-Fort Worth hospitals and seven off-campus hospital ERs that was announced on Nov. 18, 2016.
“Medical City is a trusted name with an immediately recognizable reputation for quality healthcare,” says Charles Gressle, CEO of Medical City Plano. “For years we have been a corporate family connected under Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Now, the public and our patients will be able to immediately identify our expansive and unified system of care in their own communities as part of Medical City Healthcare.”
Digital assets, including web pages, social media sites and employee email addresses already reflect the new name.
The unifying name change coincides with a major capital investment initiative of more than $1.5 billion spent or committed across the Medical City Healthcare system over three years.
Medical City Plano has undergone more than $35 million in expansion and capital improvements, including renovations and upgrades for the emergency department, operating rooms and creation of an inpatient rehabilitation unit. Last year, Medical City Plano also opened Collin County’s first and only burn center and dedicated burn ICU that treats burn patients from across Texas and surrounding states. The emergency department is on track to being accredited as Collin County’s first Level 1 trauma center. Level 1 trauma designation meets a critical community need by providing the highest level emergency care available and reinforces Medical City Plano’s position as the regional healthcare leader in emergency medical services.
Here is a comprehensive list of all Medical City Healthcare hospitals and off-campus emergency rooms:
- Medical City Alliance (from Medical Center Alliance)
- Medical City Arlington (from Medical Center Arlington)
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton (from Denton Regional Medical Center)
- Medical City Fort Worth (from Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth)
- Medical City Frisco, A Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Green Oaks Hospital (from Green Oaks Hospital)
- Medical City Las Colinas (from Las Colinas Medical Center)
- Medical City Lewisville (from Medical Center of Lewisville)
- Medical City McKinney (from Medical Center of McKinney)
- Medical City North Hills (from North Hills Hospital)
- Medical City Plano (from The Medical Center of Plano)
- Medical City ER Grand Prairie, A Department of Medical City Arlington (from ER at Grand Prairie)
- Medical City ER Burleson, A Department of Medical City Fort Worth (from ER at Burleson)
- Medical City ER Flower Mound, A Department of Medical City Lewisville (from Flower Mound Emergency Center)
- Medical City ER Plano, A Department of Medical City Plano (from 24/7 Emergency Care)
- Medical City ER Stonebridge, A Department of Medical City McKinney (from ER at Stonebridge)
- Medical City ER Park Cities, A Department of Medical City Dallas (from Medical City ER Dallas)
- Medical City ER Saginaw, A Department of Medical City Alliance