Cancer Nurse Navigators at Medical City Plano
Cancer nurse navigators at Medical City Plano offer individualized assistance to patients, families and caregivers to help overcome healthcare system barriers and facilitate timely access to quality medical and psychosocial care. Cancer nurse navigators work with patients through all phases of the cancer experience.
At Medical City Plano, we realize that a cancer diagnosis can leave patients and families overwhelmed by the many decisions concerning treatment and care. We are proud to offer the personal assistance of a dedicated oncology nurse navigation team who will guide and support you, your family and caregivers through the many challenges of cancer and meet your physical, emotional and spiritual needs with compassion.
The Nurse Navigation team will provide assistance in your cancer journey from discovery to recovery. Some of the resources and support provided by our navigators include:
- Understanding diagnosis and available treatment options
- Understanding your medications
- Overcoming barriers and coordinating care with the entire healthcare team
- Offering compassion and a listening ear throughout your cancer journey
- Helping link you and your family to community support groups and resources
- Offering community resource information about financial assistance, home health needs, insurance, medication assistance, transportation and other concerns
- Helping link you to social and support services in the hospital including social services, dietitians, chaplains, palliative care, support groups, etc.
- Helping to ensure that your physical, psychological, spiritual, and cultural needs are met, even after discharge
The oncology nurse navigation team will be available to you at any point in your cancer journey — whether you're newly diagnosed or already in treatment.
For questions or to request more information about patient navigation services at Medical City Plano, please contact the oncology nurse navigation team at (214) 473-7457.