Accredited Cancer Program at Medical City Plano
Accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer (CoC)
This signifies that:
- Medical City Plano processes between 100 and 649 newly diagnosed cancer cases each year.
- Medical City Plano provides a comprehensive range of diagnostic and treatment services.
- Members of Medical City Plano medical staff are board certified in the major medical specialties.
- Medical City Plano participates in clinical research.
Key to the success of Medical City Plano’s cancer program are five attributes necessary for CoC accreditation:
- State-of-the-art clinical services in the areas of pretreatment evaluation, staging, treatment and clinical follow-up.
- Medical City Plano Cancer Committee’s leadership of the program through goal-setting, monitoring, evaluation of outcomes and improvement of care.
- Cancer conferences that provide a forum for patient consultation and contribute to physician education.
- A quality-improvement program that serves as the mechanism for evaluating and improving patient outcomes.
- A cancer registry and database that provides an empirical basis for monitoring the quality of care.
Consistent with its CoC accreditation, the cancer program at Medical City Plano provides the following services:
- Clinical laboratory
- Diagnostic imaging
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Surgical procedures
- AJCC staging
- Clinical research
- Patient guidelines
- Oncology nursing
- Nurse navigators
- Inpatient and outpatient services for Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Inpatient and outpatient services for screening and management of distress during and after diagnosis