At Medical City Plano, we are dedicated to the specialized care of people with complex gastrointestinal cancers. We use a multi-disciplinary team approach to provide patient-focused care.
Why choose Medical City Plano for Gastrointestinal cancer treatment?
- Complex Gastrointestinal Center of Excellence recognition from the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
- National Pancreas Foundation (NPF) Pancreatitis Center
Surgery and Procedures:
- Medical City Plano also offers a full range of minimally invasive laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgery.
- Skilled surgeons perform complex cases including esophagectomy, Whipple, and cytoreductive/HIPEC
- Endoscopy Lab specializing in all basic and advanced endoscopic procedures including EUS and ERCPs
- Radiology and Interventional radiology services
- Physicians and advanced practice providers specializing in the care of people with complex gastrointestinal cancers.
- A dedicated surgical oncology unit with nurses specially trained in cancer care and certified in chemotherapy administration.
- Specialty nurses and surgical technicians specializing in gastrointestinal cancer surgery
- Nurse navigator through Sarah Cannon provides guidance and support to our patients throughout their gastrointestinal cancer treatment journey
- Registered Dietitians
- Wound and Ostomy Nurses
- Palliative Care
- Community support groups
- Outpatient Oncology Rehabilitation Program
Gastrointestinal Cancers Treated at Medical City Plano
Gastrointestinal cancers can develop in any part of the gastrointestinal, also known as the digestive system. Medical City Plano offers diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal cancers including:
- Anal cancer
- Appendix cancer
- Bile Duct cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
- Colon cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Gallbladder cancer
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)
- Liver cancer
- Neuroendocrine Tumors of the pancreas and gastrointestinal tract (carcinoids)
- Pancreatic cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Small Intestine cancer
- Stomach (gastric) cancer
Gastrointestinal Education for Patients
- Lovenox Injections
National Cancer Institute www.cancer.gov