Best Place to Have a Baby in Collin County
Readers of CollinChild magazine recognized Medical City Plano as the Best Place to Have a Baby in Collin County for 2019. CollinChild polled nearly 9,000 moms on “Best for Moms and Babies” preferences across multiple categories. Readers chose Medical City Plano as the Best Place to Have a Baby in Collin County, in part, because “it really feels more like a hotel than a hospital.”
Labor & Delivery at Medical City Plano
This may very well be the happiest moment of your life — the day you meet your beautiful, pint-sized boy or girl. But a lot must happen before you can hold that baby in your arms — namely, at least several hours spent in labor. The childbirth specialists at Medical City Plano will make sure your dream day is matched only by the clinical excellence you and your baby receive.
At Medical City Plano, we believe every mom-to-be deserves the royal treatment. Our expert team of nurses, OB / GYNs and specialty physicians will help you have the most comfortable, safest delivery possible — whether your pregnancy is routine or high-risk. In fact, we regularly receive high-risk transfer patients from outside our service area who need specialized care.
Labor and Delivery Services at Medical City Plano Include:
- Pain relief options, including epidural, nitrous oxide and aromatherapy/essential oils
- Maternity classes, including childbirth classes, hospital tours, classes for siblings and grandparents and support groups
- Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Breastfeeding support with the designated Texas Ten Step program
- High-risk pregnancy care
Childbirth Amenities at Medical City Plano Include:
- Plush, private, hotel-like postpartum rooms and luxury VIP suites, including large family suites
- Choice of delivery methods, including doula and The Bradley Method®
- Celebratory meal and dine on demand
- Baby can room in or go to nursery when mom needs to rest
- Enhanced infant security
- Mood music (build your Spotify playlist) and lighting
- Professional photography
- Instant skin-to-skin contact, including after C-section
- Lactation support and in-room breast pumps
- Designated quiet time for mom and baby bonding
- Adoption, surrogacy and same-sex partner support
World-Class Labor and Delivery Nurses
Our women’s services registered nurses maintain a glowing reputation in Collin County. They're known for providing top-notch care, and for doing it with a smile. No need to worry — our nurses' friendly faces will put you at ease, and so will their resumes.
Women’s Services Nurses at Medical City Plano are Certified in:
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Our nurses are specially trained to resuscitate patients who experience serious medical emergencies, such as cardiac arrest. ACLS certification requires nurses to pass a written exam, as well as a hands-on skills test following guidelines from the American Heart Association.
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Similar to ACLS, this certification applies specifically to the resuscitation of newborns.
Association of Women's Health, Obstetric & Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
This certification ensures all nurses are skilled in fetal heart monitoring. In addition to the certifications above, most nurses have earned their Obstetrics RN Certification (RNC-OB).