What is Specialized Wound Care?
Once a treatment plan has been initiated, you will visit the Wound Care Center on a regular basis for specialized treatments and documentation of the progress of your healing. You will also be fully instructed on how to do your own wound care at home between visits, as well as how to protect your wound from further injury. It is very important to remember that you are the most important part of your healing process. Keeping appointments and following directions are critical to attaining a positive healing outcome. The Center employs the most technologically advanced wound care therapy, including debridement, topical wound therapy, growth-factor therapy, tissue therapy, dressing selection, special shoes and patient education. When wounds persist, a specialized and comprehensive approach is required for healing.
Why Choose The Wound Care Center at Medical City Plano?
With the state-of-the-art treatments available, including debridement, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, dressing selection, special shoes and patient education, people with non-healing and chronic wounds now have a place to turn.
Chronic and Non-Healing Wounds We Treat:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Pressure sores
- Wounds due to circulatory problems
- Non-healing surgical wounds
A Comprehensive Team of Wound Care Specialists
The Wound Care Center at Medical City Plano is designed to complement your physicians' services and is committed to the treatment of chronic or non-healing wounds. The Center is made up of a team of professionals, including:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound management and hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Nursing staff trained in the care of chronic wounds
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies
- Experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records and health insurance processing
- A personalized wound treatment program
To make a referral or schedule an appointment, contact the Burn and Reconstructive Center at: